Many Philippines choose to treat themselves with ice candy, specially during summer. It’s a cheaper but delicious and refreshing alternative to branded ice creams that is highly sellable in the schools, stores, markets, and other public place.
But do you know how to start a ice candy business in the Philippines
If you want a business with low capital and has the potential to become an instant hit this summer, you should consider start a home-based ice candy business. It’s a lucrative business in this tropical country.
Following is a delicious recipe of ice candy.
o 7L of water
o 1 cup milk powder
o 2 cups corn or cassava starch dissolved in 1.5L of water
o 1 3/4 kilos of sugar
o 1/2 tsp salt
o desired flavoring such as chocolate, strawberry, mango or pineapple
1. Place water in a big pot then bring to a boil.
2. Add sugar and salt. Mix well until fully dissolved.
3. Add milk powder and starch into the boiling water. Stir well to prevent lump formation.
4. Boil for 8 minutes then turn off the heat.
5. Allow it to cool for a few hours.
6. After cooling, you can add your desired flavoring.
After all these steps, you need to pack the ice candy into small bags. Here we suggest you use the small ice candy packing machine to complete it, to ensure the ice candy more cleaner. After packing, freeze until fully frozen. Finally, you can sale your ice candy on market.
If you are interested in starting this ice candy business in Philippines, please contact us.